Watch the video for instructions!
I am about to huddle the devices for the swim meet
I Want To
First ensure all devices are setup properly
Watch the Device Setup Video (Step-by-Step instructions below)
- Ensure you have a compatible device
- Make sure you're device is on Swimmingly 9.x.x
If you try and huddle a device still running a previous version of Swimmingly (v8), you will get a huddle message that say, "incompatible version". If the Scorekeeper iPad is still running a previous version (i.e. Swimmingly v8), ALL devices attemping to huddle with v9 will receive a huddle error "incompatible version". Update all devices.
- Open Swimmingly v9
- Select your role and enable location services and enable local network
Location services allows the app to display the WiFi name during the meet, and Local Network allows your device to talk to other devices using Swimmingly v9.
On the 'Welcome' Screen:
- Double check you're on v9.x.x (it will display the version number).
- Enable do not disturb in your phone settings (to avoid getting a call as you time a race).
- "Forget all other networks" in the area on your pool deck (to avoid jumping from the Swimmingly WiFi to a different WiFi).
- Connect to either Swimmingly 5 or Swimmingly 2.3 WiFi (interchangeable across devices). Use the network that works better on your pool deck.
- password for both networks:
- Now, your device is ready to huddle with the Meet ID. Follow the Scorekeeper's instructions and do not leave the huddle area once connected. You'll be instructed to run a test race, where you can be assigned your lane on your device. Your device will "remember" that lane for the rest of the meet! Then, you are ready to take your place behind your respective lane.
Now, you're ready to sync your meet schedule on the Scorekeeper's iPad & complete The Huddle. Click here!